- This event has passed.
Virtual: The Importance of Exercise in Cancer Survivorship
Thursday, March 9 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm CSTFree
Staying active during and after cancer treatment is key to optimizing your health. Join ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Therapist, Karyn Holtz, as she discusses why following a routine exercise plan can help manage any late and lasting effects of cancer treatment and help you improve your quality of life.
In this session Karyn will discuss:
• The importance and benefits of exercise and physical activity
• General exercise guidelines for individuals affected by cancer
• Tips to starting and maintaining a healthy exercise and physical activity routine
• When and why you may need an exercise expert
• Who are the experts?
• Roles of exercise experts including rehabilitation therapists, exercise physiologists and athletic trainers
Presented by: Karyn Holtz PT MHS CLT, Center Manager/ReVital, RUSH PT
*Registration closes at 2:00 pm on March 9th.
*Program opens for log-in 10 minutes prior to the start time.
*An email with log-in instructions will be sent the evening before the program and a reminder 2 hours before the start time.