There have been so many changes in the world and for CWC in the last year, and we are grateful for the generosity of our donors which has allowed the Center not just survive, but thrive. Our work is funded entirely by individuals and foundations, many of whom have been impacted directly by the work of the Center. Donors are the financial backbone supporting counseling, support groups, nutrition, wellness, and education programming at CWC.
Did you know year-end gifts to nonprofit organizations allow you to take advantage of tax savings? There are many ways to give that can provide substantial tax benefits to you as a donor.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF) – Contribute to a DAF to get an immediate tax deduction with the ability to recommend where those dollars should go over the years. Direct a gift through your DAF here.
- Gifts of Appreciated Stock – You won’t pay taxes on the capital gains and still receive a deduction.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions – From IRAs for those age 70 ½ or older. To reduce your income, you must direct those payments to go directly to a charity like CWC. You can make a tax-free charitable gift of any amount up to $100,000.
- Donate $300 to CWC and claim an “above-the-line” charitable deduction for single filers not itemizing. Those filing a joint return (not itemizing) may deduct up to $600 in cash contributions to CWC this year. More information
- Create a legacy – Provide cancer support services for years to come by including Cancer Wellness Center in your will or trust. More information
Your decision to support an organization’s mission is likely one that you approach thoughtfully. Please contact Doris Downing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on taking advantage of strategic giving options which focus on helping people live better while living with cancer.
The information above is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax adviser.